- As the only graduate entry-level program in South Carolina, Occupational Therapy curriculum at the Medical University of South Carolina is rigorous and engaging. Educational technology enhances classroom learning, group work develops professional skills, and experiential learning refines practice skills.
- Interprofessional education is a hallmark of the program and involves connections with other health professionals across the campus and in the community. Research shows that working in teams produces better outcomes. Teamwork supports innovation and promotes excellence.
- Beginning in the first semester, fieldwork experiences are an integral part of the curriculum and allow opportunities for direct observation and participation in a variety of practice settings and contexts. These experiences help integrate learning from the classroom and lab and enhance capacity for becoming a proficient occupational therapist.
- The program culminates in two fulltime 12-week rotations at facilities throughout the state and across the country working under the direct supervision of a clinical instructor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Occupational Performance for Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Occupational Performance in Pediatrics
- Evidence Based Practice
- Transforming Healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 1891 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GRE scores submitted at the time of application.
- To obtain credit for volunteer/work experience, each applicant must complete 30 hours specifically in occupational therapy.
- Three reference forms; one from the occupational therapy practitioner who supervised volunteer or work experience. The second and third references should be provided by major advisors or professors.
International24930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12465 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12465 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State16692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8346 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Charleston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.