This Advanced Musculoskeletal Assessment and Practice degree at the University of Essex enables experienced clinicians in the musculoskeletal field to advance their practice. All students will engage in material related to clinical decision making and there are options available to advance clinical skills including injection therapy and independent prescribing. There is flexibility within this pathway for students to direct their learning to topics and regions of personal interest.
- Provide you with a critical understanding of the key concepts underlying advanced musculoskeletal clinical skills beyond your normal professional scope of practice
- Provide you with the opportunity to acquire advanced musculoskeletal clinical skills beyond your normal professional scope of practice
- Provide you with skills to access and critically appraise research findings to develop your own evidence-based practice
- Enhance your understanding of the essential principles of research design and to conduct an extensive piece of independent research including: planning, formulating, designing, choosing research methods, collecting data, analysing, interpreting and writing-up
The Advanced Musculoskeletal Assessment and Practice course at the University of Essex sits within our School of Sport, Rehabilitation and Exercise Sciences. This allows us to bring together our internationally recognised research, share knowledge, and enhance placement and vocational opportunities for our students and graduates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding and Managing Complex Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Soft Tissue and Joint Injection Therapy
- Advanced Musculoskeletal Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 941 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Essex and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- In order to apply for a place on this degree pathway you will need to have:
- A relevant professional qualification and current registration with the relevant UK professional body.
- A minimum of 1 year post-registration experience and relevant musculoskeletal experience.
- A relevant first degree or relevant professional experience and qualifications that demonstrate ability to study at level seven.
- You will also need to be:
- Currently employed in a relevant field of practice.
- Provide a demonstration of existing specialist competencies in musculoskeletal practice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.