The Physical Activity and Health MSc program from Arizona State University is appropriate for those who wish to pursue careers in commercial fitness and wellness, strength and conditioning, worksite or corporate fitness, community physical activity health promotion, and personal training for health and performance or life coaching.
It's for professionals in education, counseling, nutrition or other health related fields who wish to expand their knowledge and skill for working with fitness, exercise and physical activity behavior, and it's for those who wish to pursue further graduate study in fields such as exercise physiology, public health or physical therapy.
Professionals with expertise in exercise science and chronic disease prevention, physical activity and health promotion, wellness or exercise across the lifespan are in demand across sectors and industries including commercial fitness and wellness centers, health care systems, professional and collegiate athletics, research settings and public health.
Career examples include:
- corporate fitness coordinator or director
- exercise physiologist
- fitness and wellness coordinator
- fitness trainer or aerobics instructor
- health promotion specialist or health educator
- personal trainer
- research coordinator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy and Laboratory
- Human Physiology and Laboratory
- Human Nutrition
- Exercise Physiology and Laboratory
- Kinesiology and Laboratory
- Exercise Testing and Laboratory
- Exercise Prescription
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 346 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Health Solutions.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution. Students are expected to have the coursework and undergraduate credit for the basic courses required for a BS degree in exercise and wellness. Students who do not have these course competencies can be admitted with deficiencies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- GRE scores
- statement of career or research interests
- three professional letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.