Students gain a strong foundation in teaching and content knowledge from experts in the field of education. Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College faculty actively engage in the educational research community and embed this vital knowledge throughout the program. This connection further empowers our students to engage in their own research through the applied project coursework. This Elementary Education - Teacher Certification MEd program is offered at Arizona State University .
A series of clinical experiences or field placements are designed to assist our students in developing a thorough understanding of teaching and learning as they apply knowledge from their coursework in varied school settings. Individualized guidance through our clinical framework provides our students with the support they need to become effective educators.
Students gain skills in teaching, conducting research, utilizing technology and collaborating in teams which prepare them for educational careers working with learners in grades K-8.
Career examples include:
- curriculum leader
- instructional specialist
- K-8 teacher
- school director
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology in Education
- Instructional Planning for the Diverse Classroom
- Social Studies Methods and Assessment
- Science Methods and Assessment
- Mathematics Methods and Assessment
- Instructional Design for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- Effective Classroom Behavior Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 4299 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- personal statement
- IVP fingerprint clearance card issued by the state of Arizona
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online Arizona resident: $13,680/year
- Online Non-Arizona resident: $14,992/year
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.