The mission of the School of Mass Communication and Journalism at The University of Southern Mississippi is to prepare students for careers in advertising, broadcasting, film, journalism and public relations and to foster an understanding of the important role the mass media play in preserving First Amendment freedoms in a democratic society and protecting those rights and freedoms in America’s diverse society. Because of the make-up of the USM student body, the faculty specifically recognizes the school’s opportunity to give voice to groups who have been historically underrepresented in the mass media, and the school embraces the opportunity to educate students who are the first from their families to attend college or are from demographic groups lacking representation in the mass media.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Critical & Cultural Theory of Mass Communication
- Public Relations Theory
- Public Relations Campaigns
- Public Relations Strategies and Tactics
- Introduction to Graduate Research in Communication
- Public Relations Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Relations View 67 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
- An overall 3.0 GPA is required as well as a 3.0 major GPA. A cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours from all institutions of our applicants has ranged from 3.0 to 4.0.
- Conditional Admission: The cumulative GPA of the last 60 hours from all institutions is usually 2.75 or better.Students admitted on conditional admission status must take their first nine semester hours of graduate levelcourse work in the School of Mass Communication and Journalism and earn a 3.0 GPA on all course work taken whilecompleting the nine-hour requirement.
- Graduate Record Examination - Scores from the GRE must be submitted.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language
International592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.