The Health Education and Promotion programme offered at Maastricht University has a unique focus systematic development, evaluation and implementation of health interventions. It's also practice-based with skills training included in each course. This means you'll not only learn why health education and promotion programmes are (or aren’t) effective. You also learn how to formulate communication strategies and develop, execute and evaluate health interventions; giving you the theoretical and practical toolset you’ll need to launch your career.
You learn how to:
- analyse positive or negative effects of behavioural and environmental factors on the quality of life
- formulate specific and testable objectives for intervention
- design effective, scientific health promoting interventions
- formulate plans for the diffusion and implementation of these interventions
- test, evaluate and refine those interventions
- develop communication strategies to disseminate programmes to various audiences
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Health Behaviour
- Changing Health Behaviour
- Effectiveness of Interventions in Health Promotion Settings
- Intervention Development
- Preparation for the Scientific Research
- Health Promotion
- Implementation and Evaluation
- Scientific Research and Article
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation Marketing Health Sciences View 29 other Masters in Education in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- you have a relevant bachelor's degree from a Dutch university,
- you have a relevant bachelor's degree from an EEA university (note: in case of doubt, you may be asked to pass a GRE-test*),
- you have a relevant bachelor's degree from a non-EEA university (note: in this case, you always need to pass a GRE-test),
- you have a relevant university master's degree.
You have a degree from a university of applied sciences:
- you have completed a thesis and have obtained at least 15 ECTS* in academic writing, statistics and/or methodology, or
- you have completed the university track of Hogeschool Zuyd.
International16800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16800 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA: €1,525 per year
NON-EU/EEA: €8,400 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.