The Dance - Interdisciplinary Digital Media and Performance MFA program from Arizona State University builds on the strength of the School of Film, Dance and Theatre and expands into the specific area of new media practices. The concentration provides a select group of graduate students with a rigorous, in-depth opportunity to specialize in dance as well as transdisciplinary digital arts.
The interdisciplinary classes and research activities of the transdisciplinary School of Arts, Media and Engineering that are part of this concentration give students access to advanced media equipment, studios, project funding and interdisciplinary collaborators.
Dance artists, educators and media specialists who complete the Master of Fine Arts program in dance with an emphasis in interdisciplinary digital media and performance are prepared to work in a variety of settings and industries, including higher education dance, digital media and arts programs, commercial dance venues, media production companies, community arts organizations, and dance production and performance settings.
Career examples include:
- community engagement and social activist artist
- dance filmmaker
- dance lighting and sound designer
- dance technology specialist
- interactive performance artist
- intermedia specialist
- performing artist
- stage production and design specialist
- teaching artist
- a final Master of Fine Arts applied project
- a written document
- an oral defense
- required coursework in the concentration taught by AME
- required courses in the School of Dance
- ongoing showings of work
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 716 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- current resume
- DVD of recent work, including one solo piece and one group piece
- three letters of recommendation from professionals in the field
- personal artistic statement
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 36 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.