Nutrition and Food Systems coursework at the University of Southern Mississippi is focused on higher level knowledge and skills in nutrition therapy, food systems management, education theory and practice, global and community nutrition and practice-based research. Faculty are dedicated to high-quality online learning and help students develop competence in all areas of nutrition and dietetics practice.
- The degree program is designed to provide a variety of coursework in food systems and nutrition to complement the knowledge of those that are working in a nutrition-related field.
- Graduate coursework encompasses all facets of nutrition and dietetics practice, including clinical, management, and community.
- The program focuses on upcoming areas of dietetics practice, including improved communication, leadership, counseling, and global health.
- Student assignments have a strong integration of research into practice and teach students how to implement evidence-based practice in their careers.
- Research in Food and Nutrition
- Global Nutrition and Health
- Nutrition Education: Theory, Research, and Practice
- Food and Nutrition Public Policy
- Food Systems Management
- Advanced Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Seminar in Food and Nutrition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 203 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
- Online Application
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Minimum GPA of 2.75/4.00 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Good standing at last university attended
- Official transcripts and degree certificates or diplomas from all previous colleges or universities attended
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE, or iTEP scores
- Official copy of GRE, GMAT, or MAT score from testing service
- Three letters of recommendation (upload to application file)
- Statement of Purpose or writing sample (according to departmental requirements)
- Immunization records (required prior to enrolling in classes if admitted)
International9094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4547 USD per semester during 24 months.
National9094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4547 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for West Hattiesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.