The Higher Education Administration (Student Affairs Administration) degree offered by the University of Southern Mississippi provides students with an understanding of the theory, research, and practice of student affairs, student development theory, cultural diversity among students, and current issues and trends in student affairs administration. A hallmark of the program is its integration of academic coursework with practical field experiences in a variety of student affairs settings designed to prepare graduates as competent student affairs professionals.
What Will I Learn?
Students enrolled in Higher Education programs will learn how to work in a variety of areas in higher education including both student affairs and academic affairs. Whether you desire to become a student affairs professional, an administrator, or faculty, you will want to consider a degree in Higher Education.
- Helping Skills in Student Affairs Practice
- Administration in Student Affairs
- The American College Student
- Foundations of Student Affairs Administration
- Supervised Practice in Student Affairs
- Social Justice in Higher Education
- History of Higher Education
- Legal Issues in Higher EducationStudent Development Theory and Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Business Administration Organisational Behaviour View 4051 other Masters in Education in United States
In addition to the requirements detailed in Admission Requirements and Procedures, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Official GRE scores or other acceptable standardized graduate-level exam scores
- Statement of Purpose - In a letter or essay format, describe your professional experiences and goals and how obtaining this degree will help you to realize those goals.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
International8784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 488 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 488 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for West Hattiesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.