The M.S. degree in Geology at Southern Miss allows students to focus on a range of topics while gaining experience with faculty members and conducting their own thesis research.
What Will I Learn?
Students in the M.S. program in Geology can take graduate courses in environmental geology, structural geology, petroleum geology, paleontology, and marine geology. Students who graduate with an M.S. in Geology are well prepared for a wide range of professions. Many of our alumni have gone on to pursue successful careers in the oil and gas industry, mining, resource management, and environmental analysis.
- Southern Miss Geology offers students a wide variety of courses and field experiences that will prepare them well in their post-graduate careers. Most courses contain lab and field components that reinforce their classroom learning.
- Geology faculty members represent all of the major sub-fields within the discipline and geology students can choose from a broad range of courses according to their interests.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology View 184 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Online Application
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Good standing at last university attended
- Official transcripts and degree certificates or diplomas from all previous colleges or universities attended
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Official copy of GRE, GMAT, or MAT score from testing service
- Three letters of recommendation (upload to application file)
- Statement of Purpose or writing sample (according to departmental requirements)
- Immunization records (required prior to enrolling in classes if admitted)
International592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.