The Computer Engineering - Computer Systems MSc program from Arizona State University is a transdisciplinary program that builds on the fundamentals of computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics and physical sciences. Graduates of this program will have the knowledge and skills necessary to advance the design, system integration, testing, evaluation and deployment of state-of-the-art hardware and software for systems that include computing, communications and networking (wired and wireless), control functions, sensing, signal processing and actuation.
The program is intended for students who want to gain knowledge deeper than that provided at the bachelor's degree level and sufficient for designing and implementing state-of the-art systems in industrial research and development positions. The program is also appropriate for students contemplating future doctoral study and desiring to gain experience in research.
Graduates from the Master of Science program in computer engineering are able to analyze and synthesize key theories and methods used in the field of computer engineering. These graduates can apply new theories, methods and designs that can advance the field of computer engineering. More specifically, computer engineering program graduates have the skills to advance the design, system integration, testing, evaluation and deployment of the state-of-the-art hardware and software for systems that include computing, communications and networking (wired and wireless), control functions, sensing, signal processing, and actuation. These skills can be applied in high-demand growth areas, such as autonomous systems and robotics; distributed, dependable and secure systems, as well as embedded systems for media processing and communications.
Master's degree program graduates may work under the direction of scientists and engineers who hold doctorates in high-tech lab settings assisting in developing innovative products and systems that require strong foundational knowledge in the underlying sciences and the ability to synthesize and analyze engineering principles as they relate to the development of new computer engineering technology.
- Random Signal Theory
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming
- Signals and Systems
- Analog and Digital Circuits
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 1054 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's degree or equivalent or a master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university of recognized standing in a related field such as computer engineering, computer science, computer systems engineering or electrical engineering.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- personal statement that indicates professional goals and reasons for desiring to enroll in the program
- GRE required if undergraduate program is not ABET-accredited
- letters of recommendations are optional
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.