The program is designed for individuals who wish to become dynamic and innovative leaders in the field of instructional technology, whether they are in the private or academic sector. The mission of the Master of Science in Instructional Technology is to prepare instructional technology professionals with a strong theoretical base and practical hands-on experience in the design, development, implementation, management, and evaluation of leading-edge educational technologies.
The Master's program requires 30 hours of post-baccalaureate work depending upon the selected graduation requirement. Courses within the program focus upon different areas such as instructional design, learning theory, multimedia development, Web-based education, and technology research and administration. Thus, students graduating from the program are qualified for the field because of their spansive background in instructional technology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Educational Research
- Instructional Design and Development
- Technology in Education
- Digital Communications in Education
- Instructional Strategies of Online Teaching
- Web Development and Assessment
- Digital Publishing and Visual Design
- Multimedia Design and Development
- Foundations of Instructional Technology
- Ethics and Issues in Instructional Technology
- Instructional Multimedia Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Exams and graduation only
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation General Engineering & Technology View 921 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from previous institutions.
- An application form.
- Results from the GRE or MAT. TOEFL test result from international students.
- A letter explaining the applicant's interest in and reasons for pursuing the degree in a letter of intent or application.
- Three letters of recommendation sent by the letter writers themselves. These individuals should be past instructors, supervisors, administrators, co-workers, etc.
- A resume of academic and job-related experiences.
- If appropriate, a copy of current teaching licenses/certificates.
International592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National592 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 592 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.