The American College of Sports Medicine is the national association responsible for establishing guidelines and recommendations for exercise testing, prescription and evaluation of research for both healthy populations and those with chronic disease.
The ACSM certification is deemed the organization's most prestigious credential for clinical professionals with a master's degree working with clients who are under the care of a physician for cardiovascular, pulmonary and metabolic diseases as well as orthopedic or musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, and neoplastic immunological or hematological diseases. The Clinical Exercise Physiology MSc program is offered Arizona State University.
Clinical exercise physiology, in which exercise is used to help clients manage or reduce their risk of chronic disease, is a relatively new career field. It is an exciting and growing profession in the health care realm that has recently been organized on the national level, recognized by the federal government and defined as an occupation. The unique and vital profession will grow as certifications and licensures support the value of clinical exercise physiology.
Career opportunities are available in:
- hospital-based research facilities
- outpatient clinics
- physician offices
- university laboratories
- Research Statistics
- Physiological Aspects of Physical Activity and Chronic Disease
- Health Promotion
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Functional Assessment and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physiology
- Management and Treatment of Chronic Disease for the Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- ECG Interpretation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Kinesiology View 159 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Arizona State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in exercise science, exercise physiology, kinesiology or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- GRE scores
- letter of intent
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.