This Asian Languages and Civilizations - Japanese MA program from Arizona State University has strong resources for providing a substantial, well rounded education to excel in any field you choose to go into with a Master of Arts in Japanese.
The Asian languages faculty in the School of International Letters and Cultures offers a graduate program leading to an MA in Asian languages and civilizations (Japanese). In addition to preparing some students for further academic training, the program helps to prepare students for jobs relating to Japan (in fields such as law, business or journalism) and for entrance into professional schools.
Professionals with this degree can confidently move into academic, business and international fields. Skills developed through this program are valued for teaching positions, translation work or work in a larger sector such as governmental, diplomatic and international business career opportunities.
Career examples include:
- area, ethnic, and cultural studies teachers, postsecondary
- foreign language and literature teachers, postsecondary
- foreign service
- interpreters and translators
- reporters and correspondents
- social and community service managers
- state department
- supply chain managers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Japan Society and Values
- Art of Japan
- Geography of Asia
- Japanese Oral Communication
- Japanese Literature and the Art of Translation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 787 other Masters in Literature in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in Japanese or a related field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00= "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00= "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- personal statement
- writing sample
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.