The School of Nursing offers a curriculum leading to the degree of Master of Science in Nursing with an advanced practice area of Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist/Educator. The program of study prepares students as expert clinicians in the application of evidence-based knowledge within the realms of nursing interventions, teaching and research. Students also receive preparation as nurse educators, and are therefore dually prepared for clinical and academic roles.
The program requires course content in theory, research, education, Adult Gerontology CNS professional and clinical cores, and the advanced practice area with a a selected secondary focus. Applicants are admitted for either full-time or part-time study and can begin in fall. The curriculum is designed to prepare nurses as Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialists with a secondary clinical focus in an area of their choice. Graduates of this program are eligible to sit for the American Nurses' Association (ANCC) Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification Exam.
- Theoretical Foundations for Nursing Practice
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Advanced Physical Assessment Laboratory
- Pharmacotherapeutics for Primary Health Care Providers
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist I: Introduction to Practice
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist Practicum I: Role Socialization
- Ethical Concepts and Issues in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Nursing Curriculum Design and Program Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 768 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Application and fee
- Equivalent U.S. Bachelor's Degree
- All prior College/University transcripts and Diploma
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only)
- Passport identification page, if available
International1320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1320 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National523 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 523 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.