Rigorous programs of study involving field and laboratory work are custom-designed to apply ecological or biological principles to problems in species or ecosystem conservation. All programs culminate with the completion of an intensive, research-based thesis or applied project.
The Applied Biological Sciences MSc program from Arizona State University is supported by faculty members with backgrounds in:
- ecological restoration
- environmental microbiology
- environmental stress physiology
- desert horticulture
- plant-fungal ecology
- plant systematics
- riparian and stream ecology
- urban micrometerology
- wildlife biology
Professionals with expertise in the study of evolution, natural history and conservation of plants and animals are in high demand across sectors and industries, including county and state organizations as well as community management. Those with skills in laboratory work, field research and data analysis are valuable to businesses and institutions that are building deep connections within leading scientific and technological industries to create innovative solutions to challenging global problems in a technologically focused 21st century world. Studying biology can lead to a wide range of careers, from research to teaching, health care to policy development.
Career examples include:
- fish and wildlife biologists
- medical scientists
- natural science managers
- postsecondary biological science teachers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Vegetation Dynamics
- Wildlife Dynamics
- Ethical and Policy Issues in Biology
- Structure and Function
- Unseen Life on Earth
- Ecology and Adaptations of Vertebrates
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Animal Sciences View 1261 other Masters in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- GRE scores or Miller Analogies Test scores
- statement of intent
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Mesa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.