The use of a wide variety of commercial software will be emphasized to ensure graduates can effectively analyze real-world data.
The MSAS program is a 36 semester-hour applied graduate program designed to meet the needs of business, industry and government. The program is intended for professionals or students with undergraduate degrees in the sciences, engineering, or business.
The MSAS program differs from traditional statistics graduate programs in the following areas:
- Statistical Computing: Starting the first semester the student will utilize statistical programs such as SAS, JMP, and Minitab to analyze data and present graphical summaries;
- Applications Project: Students will complete an applied project based on data from their place of employment, from an internship or co-op experience or from work done with a faculty member. Students will turn in a written project report demonstrating the analytical skill sets mastered by the students;
- Emphasis on Communication of Results: Because communication of methods and results is vital in using statistics to convert data into actionable information, students will learn to write clear, concise reports and make professional quality presentations describing the inferences to be made from statistical analyses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Statistics I
- Statistical Computing and Simulation
- Statistical Methods
- Applied Regression Analysis
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesStatistics View 292 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited in a manner accepted by Kennesaw State University. Applicants should have mathematics coursework that includes at least Calculus I and Calculus II.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate adjusted grade-point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Minimum scores of 150 on the verbal and quantitative portions of the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with a minimum score of 3.5 on the written portion.
- Minimum scores of 40 on the quantitative portion, 28 on the verbal portion and 4 on the written portion of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
International25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12539 USD per semester and a duration of .
National6946 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3473 USD per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.