The Counseling Psychology program at the University of Southern Mississippi provides training in the foundations required of proficient consumers of psychological science. As such, we train students to utilize the science of psychology to inform sound diagnostic and evidence-based interventions consistent with the philosophical underpinnings of Counseling Psychology in serving their clients, community, and the profession. Students completing the M.S. degree in Counseling Psychology will be eligible for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Mississippi. Students who intend to seek licensure in another state should verify that this program of study meets the desired state's licensure requirements.
Our strengths include:
- High quality clinical training in evidence-based interventions supervised by faculty in our in-house training clinic and community training sites.
- Active research teams providing unique opportunities for the development of strong scientific skills investigating topics with real-world application. Publication and presentation opportunities available.
- Coursework delivered by experts allowing for interdisciplinary training opportunities with other psychology specialties. MS coursework largely overlaps with the Counseling Psychology doctoral program, offering excellent preparation for additional doctoral level training.
- Competitive opportunities for Graduate Assistantships throughout campus offices which support full-time students through a monthly stipend and tuition waiver.
- Ethics and Current Issues in Psychology
- Cultural Bases of Behavior
- Testing and Individual Analysis
- Advanced Behavioral Neuroscience
- Counseling Psychology
- Counseling Psychology Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 1223 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Minimum GPA of 2.75/4.00 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Good standing at last university attended
- Official transcripts and degree certificates or diplomas from all previous colleges or universities attended
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE, or iTEP scores
- Official copy of GRE, GMAT, or MAT score from testing service
- Three letters of recommendation (upload to application file)
- Statement of Purpose or writing sample (according to departmental requirements)
- Immunization records (required prior to enrolling in classes if admitted)
- Official GRE scores
- Statement of Purpose - Applicants should pay particular attention to the instructions for writing the personal statement found in the online application.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
International9094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4547 USD per semester during 24 months.
National9094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4547 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for West Hattiesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.