The program not only prepares a new generation of health professions educators to teach in programs related to allied health, medicine, public health, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, and other health professions, but it also prepares them to assess and integrate new and emerging educational technology.
The goal of the program is to provide health professions educators with a solid foundation in health science education, teaching skills, and the science of teaching. The completely online program fosters improvement in interprofessional instruction and innovative teaching methods in both academic and non-academic settings. Courses explore learning theory, best practices in teaching, the design and application of educational research, and investigation of the uses of instructional technology in health professions education.
- Foundations of Health Professions Education
- Instructional Design for Health Professions Education
- Integrating Technology into Health Professions Curriculum
- Multi-media and Emerging Technologies for Learning in the Health Professions
- Evaluation and Assessment of Teaching and Learning in Health Professions Education
- Research Analysis and Design for Health Professions Education*
- Distance Education in Health Professions Education
- Fundamentals of Adult Learning in Health Professions Education
- Cognitive Psychology Applied to Health Professions Education
- Leadership and Administration in Health Professions Education
- Simulated and Virtual Learning in Health Professions Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1066 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Hold a Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Present official copies of all college and/or university transcripts.
- Provide three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
- Provide a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Provide a one-page personal statement discussing any of the following:
- Applicant’s educational philosophy
- Areas of education interests or focus
- Prior educational experience (curriculum development, instruction, assessment, etc.)
International1008 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1008 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1008 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1008 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State531 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 531 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.