The American Studies program from the Kennesaw State University is multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary, focusing on the study of American cultures as they exist locally, regionally, nationally, and transnationally. With grounding in the content knowledge and methodologies from a range of fields, students are actively encouraged to pursue an understanding and critical analysis of the history, literature, arts, politics, language, philosophy, and social practices of the multitude of American communities.
American Studies is an interdisciplinary field which concentrates on the study of the Americas, with historical emphasis upon the United States. The goal is to analyze the social, historical, material, ideological, and aesthetic aspects of American culture, both past and present. American Studies traditionally incorporates knowledge from the fields of history, literature, political science, economics, sociology, anthropology, and the fine arts among others.
Careers in American Studies
- Students who graduate with a degree in American Studies have a knowledge of America’s history, an understanding of its politics, an insight into its literature, and familiarity about its culture and foreign policy, all of which could be attractive to potential employers looking for someone who can demonstrate flexibility of thought.
- Other key skills include critical evaluation, excellent communication and organization, clear and logical thinking, and cultural awareness.
- History and Culture of the Americas
- Literature and Culture of the Americas
- American Social Movements
- Historical Period
- Public History and Culture
- Enterprise & Labor in American Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies American Studies Linguistics View 610 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- A completed application form and $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all previous intuitions in which the student has attended. Transcripts should be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- An official GRE score report.
- A letter of application that describes your education and/or professional background, your future goals, and how admission into the MA Program/Graduate Certificate will help you accomplish those goals. T
- A writing sample consistent with program content and student goals. The sample should be relevant to the field of American Studies broadly defined and should be refined and revised to fit within 5-7 double-spaced pages.
- An optional resume or CV.
- Up to two letters of recommendation concerning your academic and/or professional preparation for the MA Program or Graduate Certificate in American Studies.
International12792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12792 USD per year during 12 months.
National12792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12792 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State3545 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3545 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kennesaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.