The objective of the Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology programme at the Politecnico Di Milano is to prepare a professional figure expert in materials and in the design of processes and manufactured goods. Within the scope of the study plan a number of specific specialisations are foreseen: Surface Engineering; Polymer Engineering; Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology; Engineering Applications; Micromechanical Engineering.
The Laurea Magistrale graduate in Materials and Nanotechnology Engineering has the ability to devise and manage innovation in the materials industry; he/she finds employment mainly in companies specialised in producing, processing and design various materials and components, as well as in the area of the development of new applications in the mechanical, chemical, electronics, energy, telecommunications, construction, transport, biomedical, environmental and restoration industries as well as in research and development centres of companies and public bodies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical methods for materials engineering
- Advanced materials chemistry
- Solid state physics
- Mechanical behaviour and failure of metals
- Mechanical behaviour and durability of polymers
- Corrosion engineering of metals and ceramics
- Composite materials for structural applications
- Surface engineering and technology
- Advanced materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 16 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or in other material-related Degrees (e.g. Applied Physics and Chemistry).
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
- Curriculum vitae is a written description of your work experience, educational background and skills. Maximum 2 pages long.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.