Majors select a concentration area in either Exercise Physiology or Sport Management. Exercise Physiology students focus on the physiological responses/adaptations to exercise through laboratory-based activities and exposure to research investigation. Sport Management students focus on sport and the sport industry through the study of managerial principles and participating in applied experiences to prepare for careers in the sport, recreation, and fitness industries. Also, the program features a choice among three capstone experiences: 1) Administrative Field Experience, 2) Master's Project, or 3) Master's Thesis.
The program is delivered in a new state-of-the-art Health Sciences building that provides study areas, computer labs, a graduate lounge, and private group meeting areas for students. There is a 6,250 square foot Exercise Science laboratory complex which includes a Biomechanics lab, Exercise Physiology lab (instructional area and four independent research spaces), Psychophysiology lab, and research offices. Graduate Assistantship opportunities are available but competitive. Graduate Assistants work with individual faculty members in research labs or assist with course instruction.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Sports and Exercise
- Statistical Methods in Sports and Exercise
- Leadership and Administration in Sports and Exercise
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 411 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent in exercise science, sport management, or other relevant field from a nationally accredited institution with a major GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicants from other disciplines or related fields will be considered for admission with evidence of foundational coursework related to the degree.
- International applicants are subject to the University’s requirements for admission.
- A minimum combined total score of 290 or higher in the verbal and quantitative categories on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination within the past five years is expected. A higher GPA may compensate for lower GRE scores.
- A formal statement of personal goals for the program.
- Two references .
International25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12539 USD per semester and a duration of .
National6946 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3473 USD per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.