The New School is at the forefront of advancing climate policy and environmental justice, thanks to our master's degree in Environmental Policy and Sustainability Management . Around the world, efforts are being made promote change by applying the insights of communities, societies, and grassroots organizations with close relationships to the land and its ecologies.
Graduates of the Environmental Policy and Sustainability Management graduate program from The New School emerge as thoughtful, innovative practitioners with the analytical skills and practical tools needed to advance environmental, climate, and social justice for a more sustainable world. Our alumni are making a difference in government, nonprofits, advocacy and social change organizations, and policy and research institutes, as well as the private sector. They hold senior roles in organizations including the United Nations Development Programme, the City of Oakland, Con Edison, and the Hunger Project.
- Critical Perspectives, Real-World Challenges
Explore environmental challenges through an approach rooted in environmental justice, intersectional and grassroots perspectives, and indigenous knowledge.
- Tailored to Your Goals
Choose a concentration in either Environmental Policy or Sustainability Management, and explore courses in a range of relevant subject areas.
- Interdisciplinary Opportunities
Take advantage of courses throughout the university, including at Parsons School of Design, the School of Media Studies, and The New School for Social Research.
- Flexibility for Working Students
Enjoy the freedom to study full-time or part-time on our campus in New York City, with many classes available in the evening.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Methods
- Economics for Public Policy
- Making a Difference Requirement
- Principles of Environmental Science
- Climate Change: Systemic Crisis and System Change
- Sustainability Perspectives and Practice
- Leadership for Sustainability and Environmental Policy
- Advanced Seminar in Environmental Policy and Sustainability Management
- Finance Requirement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Priority Deadline: January 15
- Second Deadline: May 5
- International Applicant Deadline: June 15
- Non-degree and Readmit Deadline: August 1
- Final Deadline for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents: August 1
- Priority Deadline: November 1
- Non-degree and Readmit Deadline: November 15
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 182 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our programs welcomes applicants from all walks of life, including working professionals, recent college graduates, and career changers. We have a holistic review of the application. GRE and GMAT test scores are not required.
- Please submit a 750 to 1000-word statement of purpose explaining your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree or certificate, your academic, research, and/or professional goals
- Submit Your Résumé or CV
- Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Consider Submitting an Academic Writing Sample
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1710 USD per credit during 24 months.
National35910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1710 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.