The American Indian Studies - Tribal Leadership and Governance MSc program from Arizona State University is a transdisciplinary program that provides students with an intellectual and practical understanding of the issues facing American Indian populations and the ability to apply that knowledge. Students acquire problem-solving skills useful in a range of professional arenas, including governmental, private and nonprofit agencies.
The program focuses on languages, cultures, arts, activism, histories, legal policy and education from an American Indian studies paradigm and perspective. Delivery is through in-person courses.
After leaving ASU, many graduates:
- conduct academic research
- participate in tribal leadership and government
- direct or manage performing Indigenous companies or Native-related organizations
- facilitate Indigenous community partnerships and projects
- Indian Education Leadership
- Tribal Government Leadership
- Tribal Governments
- Community Development
- Nation Rebuilding
- Tribal Courts
- Administration and Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Leadership View 781 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university of recognized standing in a related field such as history, justice studies, sociology, ethnic studies, anthropology, political science or education.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- Graduate admission application and application fee.
- Official transcripts.
- Proof of English proficiency.
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.