Rehabilitation counselors support people with disabilities to lead productive and fulfilling lives, including working at integrated and competitive jobs in their communities. Our 60-degree master’s program in Rehabilitation Counseling from the University of Massachusetts Boston develops professionals to advance educational access and economic and social participation for individuals with disabilities.
We prepare our students to become leaders who promote inclusion in diverse settings and with varied populations. Students integrate classroom content with real-world application via their fieldwork.
Rehabilitation counselors have excellent career opportunities available to them. They work in diverse settings, such as:
- State/federal vocational rehabilitation agencies
- Veterans Administration
- Community-based programs for people with specific disabilities, such as mental health disabilities, intellectual disabilities, autism, or brain injury
- Outpatient agencies
- Residential treatment facilities
- Insurance companies
- The clinical rehabilitation counseling track prepares students to work with people with mental health disabilities, as well as other disabilities. The track is certified through the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Programs (CACREP).
- The vocational rehabilitation counseling track prepares students to work in the federal/state vocational rehabilitation system and in community rehabilitation programs. This track offers more flexibility than the clinical track in terms of class options.
- 24 months
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling View 1254 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Online Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17990 USD per semester during 24 months.
National35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17990 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9216 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.