Students may pursue M.S., M.A., and Ph.D. graduate degrees. A graduate certificate program is available. Courses are offered on a trimester system. On campus courses are frequently held in the evening for the convenience of students and professionals. Online learning courses are also available. Many programs have a blended on-campus online format for courses.
This course of study is designed to equip students with a substantial understanding of the nature and ecology of marine life and grounding in the other overlapping areas of marine science. Program flexibility provides preparation for further graduate study, secondary education career enhancement, or employment in technical research institutions, government agencies, or environmental consulting firms. Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree in biology, oceanography, or a closely related field, including science education.
Expected learning outcomes are:
- Effective communication skills;
- A full understanding of the scientific method;
- A generalized knowledge in ecological, geological, chemical and biological concepts as they relate to the environment.
- A generalized knowledge of the natural and human-driven problems currently, and anticipated to, impact the marine environment.
- In-depth knowledge of a specific aspect of their major.
More informationVisit official programme website
There are two tracks for completing an M.S. degree.
1. Capstone (45 credits)
All entering M.S. students are accepted under the Capstone degree track.
- 5 core courses (15 credits)
- 8 elective courses (24 credits)
- 2 semesters of capstone (6 credits)
- 5 core courses (15 credits)
- 5 elective courses (15 credits)
- 3 semesters of thesis (10 credits).
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Aquaculture & Fisheries View 859 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A conferred bachelors degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree for international applicants. Applicants that have earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with an overall GPA of a 3.0 or greater will be considered for admission.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale as reflected on official, final transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Applicants will be considered eligible for admission if their undergraduate GPA in the final 60 hours of their enrollment is a 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale.
International900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.