You’ll conduct hands-on research and have opportunities to focus your studies on a specific aspect of marine biology. As a Marine Biology graduate, you’ll not only walk away with a thorough comprehension of marine biota, but you’ll know how to communicate your research and your knowledge to interested parties.
- As a graduate student at Nova Southeastern University’s Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography, you’ll have immersive learning experiences in laboratory and classroom settings, as well as on the field. Mangroves, coral reefs, tropical freshwater, beaches, and deep-water habitats are just a few miles away from campus, which means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to work hands-on in the environments that match your interests. Faculty provide specialized attention and teach using advanced tools, so you can be best prepared to dominate your educational and career goals.
- You’ll find that your NSU marine science professors are passionate about what they do. Their excitement comes from not only teaching, but from being active researchers in the field—pursuing scholarly interests in coral reef biology, deep-sea ecosystems, and ichthyology, to name a few.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Ecosystems
- Marine Geology
- Marine Chemistry
- Physical Oceanography
- Scientific Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Aquaculture & Fisheries View 46 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in United States
- To qualify for Full Acceptance, applicants must submit a transcript of their bachelor's degree with a major GPA of at least 3.0 and a cumulative GPA of 2.9. The applicant must have a minimum GRE score of 55% on the verbal portion, 55% on the quantitative portion, and 4.0 on the analytical writing portion.
- A completed application along with a $50 application fee is required.
- Both M.S. programs in Marine Science and Biological Science require a minimum of (2) letters of recommendation.
- A statement of career goals is required and is a part of the online application. Be as specific as you can concerning the types of positions and responsibility levels to which you aspire.
International1337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1337 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1337 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.