Professionals with a master's degree have a higher earning potential. An international relations degree is listed on the highest salary report published by World Economic Forum.
The MA in International Relations from University of Massachusetts Boston prepares students to face a wide range of global policy problems through a flexible, interdisciplinary program. Our program specializes in helping students bring academic rigor and theoretical insight to pressing policy challenges. Courses have a distinct focus aimed at providing a solid foundation in major aspects of international relations.
Careers & SkillsThe International Relations MA Program equips individuals with the skills needed to work in international organizations, globally-oriented national or local government agencies, nonprofit or non-governmental organizations, international business consulting, or to continue on to an academic career.
- Theories and Concepts of International Relations
- Contemporary Issues in World Politics
- International Relations Research Methods
- International Political Economy
- International Development
- Global Governance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 398 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- When you apply online, you must submit official transcripts from each college or university you attended, even if you were not awarded a degree.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic abilities.
- The GRE is waived for all applicants for the fall 2023 application cycle.
- You'll also need to submit your résumé/curriculum vitae.
- Each application requires a non-refundable fee of $75.
- Your required writing sample should be a substantial piece of academic writing of which you are the sole author.
- Provide a 1500-word statement explaining why you wish to study international relations, discussing the research goals you would pursue as a graduate student, and describing your career goals after completing the program.
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.