- The 60-credit hour degree program consists of coursework and clinical practice. Training is concentrated on brief, interactional models of family therapy, preparing our graduates to practice in a time sensitive, cost-effective manner.
- The M.S. in Family Therapy is offered on-campus on Nova Southeastern University's Main Campus.
- Students may enter the M.S. program in the Fall or Summer trimester. Students may enroll full or part time, taking six to twelve credit hours per trimester. Students who begin in the Summer trimester may be part time for that trimester. Classes typically meet 3-6 pm and 6- 9 pm with the exception of practicum.
- Students who attend full-time can expect to complete the program in 2 years approximately. Part-time students will complete the program in 3 years or less depending on the pace of study. Summer attendance is required.
The M.S. in Family Therapy has full accreditation with the: Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systems Theory
- Substance Abuse/Addictions and Critical Issues in Systems Theory
- Marital and Family Therapy: Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Theories of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Clinical Practice in Marital & Family Therapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Research in Marital and Family Therapy
- Course Comprehensive Exam
- Assessment in Marital and Family Therapy
- Diversity and Psychosocial Issues.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology View 1094 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- a completed Nova Southeastern University (NSU) application form along with a $50, nonrefundable application fee
- two academic or professional letters of recommendation
- a resume or curriculum vitae
- a sample of your academic writing. You may submit a copy of an academic paper or piece of professional writing. There is no specific length requirement.
- a personal statement explaining why you are interested in the Master of Science (M.S.) in Family Therapy program, your professional goals, your assessment of your abilities to manage the challenges of graduate school, and any other information you would like to provide.
- official transcripts sent directly from all previously attended undergraduate, professional, and graduate institutions
- proof of all coursework from international institution(s), if applicant attended or is a graduate of any international institutions
- Participate in an interview, if one is offered.
International25140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Davie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.