Advancements in IT have revolutionized nearly every facet of human existence. Individuals and organizations communicate, connect, collaborate, and compete through increasingly sophisticated computer networks, systems, and devices.
In a rapidly globalizing economy, the knowledge of how to effectively deploy IT assets to manage customer relationships, data collection and analysis, supply chains, workflows, or security concerns can make the difference between success and failure for individual managers and entire corporations.
Coursework and student resources help Information Technology students from University of Massachusetts Boston develop communication, presentation, and analytical skills, as well as the technical, quantitative, and decision-making abilities required of contemporary managers.
The learning objectives for the Master of Science Information Technology (MSIT) Program are for students to:
- Develop a critical understanding of the technical foundation of information systems to support day-to-day business operation.
- Deploy information technology assets effectively to support business processes and generates competitive advantages.
- Apply critical thinking and analytic competence to complex information systems problems.
- Equip students with communication, leadership and team-based skills necessary for successful careers in business environments.
- Multivariate Statistics and Regression
- Information Storage Management
- Enterprise Data Warehousing
- Enterprise Data Mining & Predictive Analytics
- Information Security, Privacy and Regulatory Compliance
- Network and Mobile Forensics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems Computer Sciences View 725 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Official GMAT or GRE scores.
- Essay (Students may write their essay using either the standard essay prompt in the online application or the one below.)
- Part 1 (up to 300 words): Why are you interested in attending graduate school at UMass Boston?
- Part 2 (approx. 1,200 words): State a current issue, problem or topic from your intended field of study (This can be specific to your country, state or local community) and discuss your strategic plan as to how you would address the issue and how attending graduate school at UMass Boston will aid you in your pursuits.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores required for all applicants that submit Non-United States academic transcripts (unless stated as exempt). Our minimum TOEFL score is 90 and our minimum IELTS score is 6.5.
International46110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1537 USD per credit during 12 months.
National46110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1537 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State23610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 787 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.