First, civil engineering is coupled with a systemic approach to risk assessment and management. The traditional focus on buildings and structural safety is complemented by the analysis of the many uncertainties faced in hazardous environments.
Second, information and communication technologies are proposed as fundamental tools to support Risk Management, in particular for handling emergencies.
Third, social, juridical and economical aspects are integrated into the more technical perspective, to enable future professionals to understand the wider context in which they will have to operate. The focus on integration has been embodied into an innovative teaching method that addresses problems in comprehensive modular courses.
The graduate in Civil Engineering for Risk Mitigation programme at the Politecnico Di Milano deals with the design of structures and infrastructures, planning, control and management of town and land systems, evaluation of the environmental impact of structures and infrastructures as well as research in public and private institutes.
He/she can therefore find employment with construction companies, design and consultancy companies and has access to Public Administration offices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations
- Soil-Structure Interaction
- Tools for Risk Management
- Flood Risk
- Structural Analysis, Fundamentals of Gis
- Three modules to be chosen among: Engineering Structures for the Environment Geo-Engineering Techniques for Unstable Slopes
- Emergency Plans for Hydro-Geological Risk
- Structure Retrofitting for Seismic and Exceptional Loads
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Risk Management View 13 other Masters in Risk Management in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Land Use Planning.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
- Curriculum vitae is a written description of your work experience, educational background and skills. Maximum 2 pages long.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.