It seeks to provide the theoretical framework for the understanding of individual development and behavior, of family functioning and of the community environment and the interactions among each.
The Master of Science in Human Services (MSHS) Program at the University of Massachusetts Boston offers a curriculum designed for professionals who aspire to become leaders in the human services field.
The goal of the program is to prepare outstanding human services managers, program developers, and planners. Our graduates are practitioners who understand the core values that guide practice, and who have the technical knowledge and skills needed for human services management, program planning and evaluation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program offers two areas of concentration: Planning and Management. The MSHS curriculum is competency-based, an outcomes based process of learning that has been practiced at the College of Public and Community Service for over 30 years.
- Each competency in the curriculum is defined by a statement outlining the specific learning outcomes students are expected to demonstrate as well as the measures by which each student’s accomplishments and learning will be evaluated.
- Competencies are achieved through course work, independent study, and utilization of prior learning experiences. Prior learning includes using acquired skills to demonstrate competence by placing this experience within a broader theoretical framework. Students receive a grade for the competencies they complete.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Management, Organisation & Leadership Public Policy View 1707 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Online Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State18432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9216 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.