The curriculum addresses social science theories, research techniques, and content to provide students with the tools to accomplish basic and applied research. Students in the Gerontology Research program at the University of Massachusetts Boston will successfully complete 36 credits and may study on a part- or full-time basis.
Our students will:
- Acquire knowledge about the social and behavioral science disciplines that inform gerontology and aging policy
- Develop the methodological tools needed to pursue basic and applied research in gerontology and aging policy
- Gain practical experience conducting research and analysis in gerontology and aging policy
- Learn the written, oral, and listening skills needed to communicate effectively with key stakeholders about gerontology and aging policy
- Social Aspects of Aging
- Issues in Aging Policy
- Economic Issues in Aging Populations
- Psychology of Aging
- Research Methods and Experimental Design
- Statistical Methods in the Analysis of Social Problems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGerontology View 121 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Online Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17990 USD per semester during 12 months.
National35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17990 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9216 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.