We offer a master degree in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Denver. You will gain knowledge and skills through small seminars, independent projects, and specialized areas of study.
Best of all, our flexible degree program gives you the opportunity to take courses across the Morgridge College of Education, so you can customize your studies and focus on a distinct area of interest.
The program learning outcomes for the Masters of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction are as follows:
- Inclusive Excellence: Create systems of empowerment to improve educational outcomes for diverse students, families, and communities, especially those who are or have been marginalized.
- Research: Critically analyze and conduct rigorous research to address educational inequities.
- Leadership & Advocacy: Act as an agent of change.
- Curriculum: Design, implement, and evaluate curriculum that supports learning for all students.
- Instruction: Design, implement, and evaluate effective and equitable instructional practices.
- Assessment: Design, implement, and evaluate assessments to guide instruction and improve student learning.
Specific areas of study include:
- Curriculum Studies
- Mathematics Education (Ideal if you want to become a leader in mathematics education, both in terms of theory and research, as well as practice (e.g., K–12 inquiry-based instruction and professional development). Mathematics courses specific to the needs of K–6 teachers also are available.)
- Gifted Education
- Innovative Teaching, Curriculum, and Learning (such as aesthetic learning and arts in education)
- Foundations of Education (philosophy, history, and sociology)
- Social Justice and Equity
- Early Childhood Special Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We will continue to accept applications on a space-available basis.
DisciplinesInstructional Design View 342 other Masters in Instructional Design in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Earned a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale in previous undergraduate work or a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits (approximately two years of work) for the baccalaureate degree.
- An earned master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution supersedes the minimum standards for the baccalaureate.
- English Proficiency.
International48594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48594 USD per year during 24 months.
National48594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48594 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.