The Double Master's in Health Economics and Management from University of Cologne is based on recognition of credit points and includes a master's thesis, which is written during the second year of your studies, combined with a placement.
The international master's programme focuses on how to approach current and future healthcare challenges on a national or international scale. Graduates of the programme are well prepared for careers that require extensive interdisciplinary knowledge of the healthcare sector. They are able to evaluate and improve healthcare systems, draft policy recommendations and initiate healthcare innovations in an increasingly complex and dynamic world. Possible areas of employment include:
- management positions in the public and private healthcare sector including hospitals, health care providers, health insurance companies and consulting firms,
- policy officer roles in public institutions or
- research positions at research and academic institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Comparison of Health Care Systems
- Information Problems in the Health Care Industry
- Advanced seminar I (Methods): Management in HCS
- Sociology of Health OR Health and Macroeconomics
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Health Management View 15 other Masters in Health Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree with at least 60 ECTS credits in Health Economics and/or the field of Business Administration and Economics, at least 15 ECTS credits in Medicine and at least 18 ECTS credits in the field of Methods in Health Economics.
- Overall grade equivalent to at least 2.7 (German grading system) in the bachelor's degree
If you have not finished your bachelor studies but have passed at least 80% of the examinations (at least 144 credits in a bachelor degree carrying 180 ECTS credits), you can apply by submitting a confirmation of all credits earned so far, along with a provisional average grade computed and certified by your examination office.
- School leaving certificate | A-levels/ High school diploma
- Official description of the content of all taken bachelor courses | e.g. course catalogue or PDF-file with link to course description at the website of the University)
- Proof of English language proficiency
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students pay a social contribution at the University of Cologne for the duration of their studies. Please see the information on tuition fee.
Living costs for Köln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.