The first semester is the same for all students. The focus of the master's programme in Public Policy and Human Development offered by Maastricht University is on the theories and practice of governance and policy analysis. You will take three courses and several skills trainings covering the general aspects relevant in the fields of governance and policy analysis.
You will learn to apply current theories and research in the following academic disciplines:
- public policy
- public finance
- public economics
- policy analysis
- statistics and econometrics
This will provide you with a strong foundation and will prepare you to conduct detailed analyses of the issues covered in the specialisation you choose.
At the end of the first semester, you will choose an area of specialisation. The programme manager and the specialisation coordinators will support you in making your selection. The areas of specialisation are:
- Social Protection Policy Design and Financing (in co-operation with the ILO)
- Foreign Policy and Development
- Migration Studies
- Risk and Vulnerability (in co-operation with UNU-EHS)
- Regional Integration and Multi-Level Governance (in co-operation with UNU-CRIS)
- Innovation, Institutions and Development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Public Policy Analysis
- Introductory Data Science & Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSustainable Development Public Policy View 42 other Masters in Public Policy in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recent copy of your CV
- A copy of your passport
- A passport-size picture
- Proof of proficiency in English (IELTS / TOEFL)
- Two letters of reference, from current or former professors and/or employers
- Copies of your degree(s) and lists of grades (If necessary translated in English by an official translation agency)
- A motivation letter which explains why you chose this programme and which convinces the Board of Admissions that you will complete the programme successfully
- An essay (400 words in Word/PDF with searchable text) on one of the topics
International13800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13800 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.