Thanks to the leading research being undertaken in our School, you will gain a solid understanding of the foundations of this technology, exploring areas including:
- The principles by which sensed data are converted into useful information
- The practical aspects of developing intelligent and robotic systems
- Biologically-inspired robots
- Computational intelligence
Robotics requires a well-developed knowledge of areas ranging from computer science and artificial intelligence, to engineering and neuroscience, in order to produce hardware which can sense and manipulate the real world. This field has allowed us to develop everything from satellites and submarines, to racecars and robots.
The recent Intelligent Systems and Robotics graduates at the University of Essex have progressed to a variety of senior positions in industry and academia. Some of the companies and organisations where our former graduates are now employed include:
- Electronic Data Systems
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- Bank of Mexico
- Visa International
- Hyperknowledge (Cambridge)
- Hellenic Air Force
- ICSS (Beijing)
- United Microelectronic Corporation (Taiwan)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intelligent Systems and Robotics
- Machine Learning
- Programming Embedded Systems
- Computer Vision
- Professional Practice and Research Methodology
- Group Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesRobotics Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 232 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We will consider applicants with a 2:2 degree in one of the following subjects:
- Computer science
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Networks
- Computer Games
- Software Engineering
- With at least one other computer related module e.g Database,Web Development, Software Engineering, Operating System, Computer Architecture, Computer systems.
- A 2.2 degree in:
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- IT/Information Technology
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10480 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fee: £5,240
- International fee:£10,175
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.