The Biotechnology program from University of Massachussetts Boston provides a firm foundation in the principles underlying modern biotechnology techniques, and integrates this theoretical understanding with intensive training in a variety of laboratory skills and in computer applications to biotechnology.
The curriculum of the program consists of required courses in biology and biophysics, a required two-semester research experimentation course, and elective courses in biology, chemistry, and physics. Work in these courses is particularly appropriate for students with interests in the emerging fields of biotechnology, molecular genetics, tissue culture, and computerized laboratory technology.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biophysical Instrumentation
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Molecular Genetics of Bacteria
- Bacterial Physiology
- DNA and Protein Sequence Analysis
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Advanced Eukaryotic Genetics
- Protein Chemistry and Enzymology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Application deadline for national students: March 1st
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology View 169 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- Submission of the graduate admissions application form.
- A distinguished undergraduate transcript; competitive students generally have at least a 3.0 overall GPA although lower grades can be acceptable.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, from a 4-year college or university of recognized standing.
- Official transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate work. (A final transcript showing that the bachelor’s degree has been awarded must be received before the student can enter the program.)
- Three letters of recommendation.
International17466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17466 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8948 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14529 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14529 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.