It aims to prepare participants for research, development, and management functions in their respective countries.
The EUMASLI – European Master in Sign Language Interpreting offered by the Humak University of Applied Sciences strength lies in its international outlook and in its collaborative spirit. Organised and delivered by Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences (Germany), Humak University of Applied Sciences (Finland) and Heriot-Watt University (Scotland), the programme brings together teachers and students from around the world in a joint effort to move the field of sign language interpreting forward. It affords scope for individual development and encourages cooperation across geographical, cultural and conceptual borders.
EUMASLI 3 is run by Heriot-Watt University in Scotland, Humak University of Applied Sciences in Finland and Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences in Germany. Over the period of 2.5 years, students travel to participate in block-seminars at all partner universities and engage in online activities and self-study. Since 90 ECTS credits (i.e. the equivalent of 2,700 student working hours) are to be obtained, the work load is considerable.
You find more information on the curriculum and information on the application and fees in respective pages.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
EUMASLI is an international study programme that is intended to contribute to the development of the professional field of interpreting between deaf and hearing people in Europe.
- The master programme is a collaboration between Heriot-Watt University (Scotland), Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences (Germany) and Humak University of Applied Sciences (Finland).
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first academic degree, preferably, but not necessarily in sign language interpreting or related subjects.
- A minimum of three year’s work experience as a practising professional sign language interpreter by the time of admission to the programme.
- Appropriate English language to fully participate in the programme (equivalent to level 6.5 of the International English Language Testing System, IELTS, corresponding to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Languages).
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1050 EUR per semester and a duration of 30 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 30 months.
- Heriot-Watt University: £1830 for Home and EU students (per semester); £3890 for Overseas students (per semester);
- Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences: 1500 € for the study programme per semester plus a general university fee of 63 € per semester (for all students);
- Humak University of Applied Sciences: 1050 € per semester for non-EU/EEA students plus an application fee of 100 € for applicants with a qualification completed outside the EU/EEA –area. Study programme is free for EU/ETA students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.