The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Communication Studies at Indiana University South Bend offers a rigorous curriculum that is competitive with other graduate programs at IU South Bend and in the region.
Our instructors have both the theoretical and practical knowledge that will be an advantage to the students. Our 36 credit hour graduate program has four concentrations to choose from, and students take 15 credit hours in their chosen area. The required thesis or capstone option will provide an opportunity to demonstrate their excellence in the program.
The M.A. in Communication Studies degree is a flexible program intended for students and working professionals holding a bachelor’s degree in communication, or in a related field. Full-time students may complete the program in two years. Adjusted courses of study are available to part-time students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Quantitative Research Methods in Communication Studies
- Applied Qualitative Research Methods in Communication Studies
- Introduction to Graduate Study and Research
- Introduction to Communication Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 539 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Post-Secondary School Graduation Requirements for All Programs:
- Graduation from a U.S. or Canadian post-secondary school or meet the country-specific post-secondary preparation requirements.
International713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State302 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 302 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.