Art History at the University of Missouri - Kansas City provides an excellent preparation for doctoral work, and Art History participates in the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. program as well. Degree requirements are structured to give students a thorough background in research methodology, and courses are taught by faculty actively involved in research.
Graduates with Art History at the University of Missouri - Kansas City will:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of specialized areas of art history.
- Cultivate independent and original thinking.
- Employ comprehensive communication through written, oral, and technological methods.
- Scope And Methods Of Art History
- Sensing, Feeling, Thinking: Contemporary Art and the Mind
- Site-Specific Art: Within and Beyond the Museum Walls
- Art Museums: History and Practice
- Directed Studies In Art History
- Public History: Theory and Method
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 371 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To Office of Admissions
- Application ($35 online, $45 paper)
- Writing Sample
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement, addressing: 1) Reason(s) for pursuing admittance into graduate-level study, 2) Reason(s) for choosing UMKC’s Department of Art & Art History as educational institution, 3) Ultimate professional ambitions, and 4) Why you should be selected for the M.A. program
International13932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13932 USD per year during 12 months.
National13932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13932 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5902 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.