The MA in Anthropology from The New School is designed to provide students with a broad understanding of the development of anthropology within the social sciences and introduce them to key concepts and issues that shape contemporary fields of knowledge production.
The MA in Anthropology from The New School prepares graduates for academic and professional careers in diverse fields, including non-profit organizations, global NGOs, government, museums and cultural institutions, journalism, or further study and research at the doctoral level.
Entering students work with an individual faculty advisor. This advisor, together with the departmental student advisor, introduces them to the curriculum as a whole and helps them to balance their focus between substantive knowledge and research and writing practices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Foundations of Anthropology (core course)
- Problems in Anthropology (core course)
- Four Anthropology Electives
- Four Additional Graduate Electives
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- MA, MS, and Graduate Certificate Applicants:
- Full Fellowship Deadline: January 7
- Second Deadline: May 5
- Final Deadline: August 1
- MA, MS, and Graduate Certificate Applicants Only:
- Priority Deadline: November 1; rolling after that date
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology Liberal Arts View 585 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our programs welcome applicants from all walks of life, from recent college graduates to graduate students, working professionals to career changers. We engage in a holistic review of each application.
- GRE and GMAT test scores are not required for any of our graduate or doctoral programs.
- Submit Required Essays
- Submit Your Résumé or CV
- Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Our Mailing Address
- Submit an Academic Writing Sample
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.