Whether an emergency is natural or manmade, emergency preparedness is vital to ensure the least possible impact on the welfare of those affected. From emergency preparedness to recovery, learn the process of emergency planning and response and take on leadership roles in security and emergency situations.
Master of Science in Security Management with a concentration in Emergency Planning and Response at the University of Denver requires completion of 48 credit hours (12 courses).
Skills You'll Learn
- Identify, analyze, and respond to a variety of human and natural crises
- Manage the phases of comprehensive emergency management (mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery)
- Develop and communicate mitigation plans
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Security Concepts Overview
- Business Function of Security
- Business Assets Protection
- Research Practices and Applications
- Critical Incident Management
- Hazardous and Radiological Material Preparedness
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 108 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- Application (Fee is Currently Waived!)
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcripts from Each Post-Secondary Institution Attended
International23360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35040 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National23360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35040 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.