Graduates of this M.A. Program in Speech-Language Pathology with Bilingual Extension from The City University of New York meet the academic and clinical education standards established by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) and the New York State Education Department (NYSED) for teacher certification and state licensure in Speech-Language Pathology.
To fulfill the requirements for the M.A. degree in Speech-Language Pathology with Bilingual Extension, students must complete the curriculum consisting of 72 credits with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
To be eligible for the Certificate of Clinical Competence awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and for current New York State licensure in speech-language pathology, students must also successfully complete a minimum of 400 hours of clinical practicum, of which 25 hours include clinical observation of intervention supervised by ASHA certified speech-language clinicians. Of the 375 direct contact hours of clinical practicum, 50 must be with bilingual clients.
The graduate program, in the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences at Lehman College, is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Organization of the Speech and Hearing Program in Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Professional and Ethical Issues in Speech-Language Pathology
- Theory and Application of Bilingualism to Speech Language Pathology
- Speech Science
- Neuroanatomy and Physiology for Communication Disorders
- Phonology and Articulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Languages Human Medicine View 832 other Masters in Languages in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate the potential to successfully pursue graduate study that is, having attained a minimum grade average of 3.5 in speech-language pathology courses taken for the graduate major (e.g. undergraduate record or as pre-requisite course fulfillment) and a minimum overall cumulative grade average of 3.0 in the undergraduate record.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation from professors, one of which must be a professor of a speech-pathology or audiology course taken by the applicant.
- Following an initial application review, select applicants will be invited for a personal interview and will be interviewed by two faculty members.
- Submission of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within five years.
- Passing score on the Bilingual Education Assessment in a language of proficiency other than English.
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.