This Science Education program leads to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree at The City University of New York, Adolescence Science Education (7-12), with specializations for biology teacher, chemistry teacher, earth science teacher, and physics teacher.
There are two concentrations: concentration A (SED program code 32663) leads to Professional Teacher Certification only; concentration B (SED program code 32662) leads to Initial and Professional Teacher Certification.
- Research Seminar in Teaching and Learning: Science and Environmental Education II
- Middle Childhood and Adolescence Development, Culture, Cognition, and Language in Science Learning and Teaching
- Children and Youth with Special Needs
- Physical and Life Science Instruction and Learning II, Middle Childhood & Adolescence
- Seminar in Applied Theory and Research: Science and Environmental Education
- Historical, Philosophical, and Social Foundations of Education and Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3403 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.'),
- Two letters of recommendation
- A brief biographical statement of 500 to 1,000 words describing your reasons for pursuing the specific graduate program to which you are applying and your future professional goals.
- F-1 or J-1 international students must submit English Proficiency Exam
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.