There are three different graduate program plans at The City University of New York.
Two of these lead to a Master's Degree and New York State Certification while the third program is a non-degree, credentialing process available only to candidates who currently hold both an undergraduate and advanced degree in English Language Teaching or an English related discipline.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English Methods
- English Curriculum
- Teaching Reading
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching View 1291 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (showing a minimum of 24 credits in English literature with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GPA in English of 3.0).
- Proof of any existing teaching license.
- A personal statement about English teaching and how that personal view motivates you to teach English in secondary level schools.
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.