There are three different graduate program plans at The City University of New York.
Two of these lead to a Master's Degree and New York State Certification while the third program is a non-degree, credentialing process available only to candidates who currently hold both an undergraduate and advanced degree in English Education or an English related discipline.
- English Methods
- English Curriculum
- Teaching Reading
- Master's Project: English Education Thesis
- Adolescent Learning & Development
- Issues for Secondary Teachers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Teaching View 3205 other Masters in Education in United States
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (showing a minimum of 24 credits in English literature with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GPA in English of 3.0).
- A personal statement about English teaching and how that personal view motivates you to teach English in secondary level schools.
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.