This Early Childhood Education, Birth through Grade 2 program at The City University of New York is not designed for those who already have NYS certification in Early Childhood Education.
ECEB2-MSED has two tracks (or subplans).
- Track 1 (Subplan: ECEB2LNYSC) is for applicants with no prior NYS certificate.
- Track 2 (Subplan: ECEB2ANYSC) is for applicants who have prior NYS certificate.
- Students must receive a grade of at least a B in certain key program courses. (to be determined by programs, labeled in CUNY First, and noted in the catalog)
- Students who receive a grade of F/WU in certain key program courses may not continue in the program (to be determined by programs, labeled in CUNY First, and noted in the catalog).
- Child Development: Birth to Age Eight
- Social and Historical Contexts of Early Childhood Education
- Assessment in Early Childhood Education: Birth through Grade 2
- Early Childhood Curriculum: Birth through Grade 2
- Language and Literacy: English Language Learners
- Children with Special Needs: Birth through Grade 2
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- ECEB2LNYSC: 36-42 credits
- ECEB2ANYSC: 30-35 credits
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 396 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0 or a master’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.5.
- A liberal arts or sciences major or interdisciplinary concentration of at least 30 credits.
- A personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Submission of official score report on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- For applicants who do not hold New York State Certification: General education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include: artistic expression; communication; information retrieval; concepts in history and social sciences; humanities; a language other than English; scientific and mathematical processes; and written analysis and expression.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 12 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.