To qualify for the M.S. degree in Childhood Education with Bilingual Extension, students at The City University of New York must fulfill the following requirements: (1) Submit scores on Educating All Students Test (EAS), and Content Specialty Test (CST). (2) Complete 30-42 credits of prescribed course work. (3) Submit professional portfolio. (4) Submit and pass edTPA. (5) Submit application for Initial or Professional Certification.
Students must consult with an advisor in the Graduate Childhood program before starting their master's program. During their first semester, matriculated students are required to plan their graduate program with an advisor in the Childhood Education program. All students will complete the curriculum corresponding to one of the sequences below: 36 credits (Sequence 1); 39 credits (Sequence 2); 42 credits (Sequence 3); 45 credits (Sequence 4); 30 credits (Sequence 5); 30 credits (Sequence 6). All courses must be selected in consultation with, and with the approval of, an advisor in Childhood Education.
- Child Study and Developmental Assessment
- Program Design in Childhood Settings: Grades 1-6
- Multilingualism in the Classroom, Birth to Grade Six
- The Childhood Student with Disabilities
- Learning and Teaching Literacy in Childhood Settings I: Literacy in the Primary Grades
- Learning and Teaching Literacy in Childhood Settings II: Literacy in Grades 3 to 6
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Teaching View 1805 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.0 for all undergraduate and graduate work completed prior to acceptance.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An interview might be scheduled by faculty request. (Requirements and procedures are available in the Department office, Carman Hall, Room B-32.)
- Submit scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) revised general test, i.e., verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing if applying for admission at the graduate level.
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.