Certification as a public school teacher is not required for admission to the program. The school counseling program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
The School Counselor (Non-Thesis) program at Western Washington University contains a thesis option for those students interested in pursuing a research project related to the degree program.
The program prepares knowledgeable, skilled, culturally sensitive, and ethical professional counselors who meet the relevant licensing or credentialing standards for practice in mental health and public and private educational settings in the State of Washington.
- Adult Psychopathology
- Lifespan Psychological Development
- Cross-Cultural Counseling
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Research Methods in Counseling
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Standardized Tests
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSchool Counselling View 554 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Each reference should be no more than 1 year old. Must include at least one from a professor who can comment on academic abilities.
- Statement of Purpose (formerly referred to as "Counseling Questionnaire")
- GRE scores (not required if you hold an advanced degree - Master's, PhD, JD, MD, etc.)
- Professional resume: include all work and volunteer experiences relevant to counseling with children/youth
International24563 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24563 USD per year during 36 months.
National24090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24090 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11836 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bellingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.